We’re looking for a Grant Writer to join Ample Labs!
We are looking for an awesome, passionate, and dedicated Grant Writer to write compelling grant proposals for Ample Labs. You will apply your knowledge of fundraising methods and strategies to reach fundraising targets. You will collaborate with team members in the organization to assist with fundraising strategies and develop relationships with key stakeholders.
Who we are
Ample Labs is a tech non-profit committed to using technology to empower individuals facing homelessness in Toronto and abroad. Our work started with broad research showing that even when experiencing homelessness, most people rely heavily on smartphones to find vital information. Our first product, Chalmers, is a web-based chatbot that helps you find local social services like free meals, overnight shelter, clothing and more based on your specific real-time location and needs. Chalmers has recently been featured on Forbes, Fast Company and Toronto Star.
Head over to www.chalmers.app to give Chalmers a try!
What you’ll be doing
- Identifying grants, accelerators and corporate sponsorship opportunities for Ample Labs
- Developing relationships and collaborating with key stakeholders
- Write high-quality grant proposal narratives, applications, and supporting documents
- Work with the Business and Product team to gather necessary letters of support, financials, and data; develop templates for application responses, such that requests may be managed expeditiously;
- Manage the proposal submission process to ensure timely submission of all required materials.
- Develop and maintain a proposal calendar,
- Coordinate and follow up on the progress of submitted proposals
- Develop an annual grants strategy
- Conduct prospect research to identify, cultivate and solicit new grants
What you should have
- 3+ years of grant writing experience, with a proven success track-record
- Track record of getting successful grants from large Foundations, Charities, Government at Federal, Provincial and Municipal level.
- Proficient with measuring and reaching fundraising goals
- Proficient with MS Office Word and Excel.
- Excellent knowledge of fundraising information sources
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree required (Communications/English/Writing fields an asset)
- Nice to have: Experience working at non-profits or charity in the technology or homelessness/social services space.
Who we’re looking for
- Interested in technology & tech for social good
- Passionate about what you do
- Socially minded & genuinely care about the work we do
- Proactive, problem solver and go-getter
- Collaborator and team player
- Curious and self-motivated
- Knows how to take and give direction
- Adapt to change quickly
- Values impact-driven work
Duration & Hours
- 5-month contract, 3 days a week
- Available to start immediately